Homeless man saw burning home—when he went closer & heard kids screaming, he acted fast

Homeless people are often treated with disdain, but mostly it’s because we don’t look at the real person and instead focus on the “notions” we have already formed in our minds. Take the case of this homeless man, what he did is truly inspirational and was an act straight from the heart.

Anival Angulo, 36, from Las Vegas, was outside an apartment building when he noticed a burning smell. When he went around to see, he heard children screaming for help. There was a 3-year-old girl and a 10-month-old baby boy trapped inside the burning house—and Angulo was about to become their savior. He didn’t think much to put his own life on the line in order to save two helpless tiny tots and quickly sprang into action.

“[I] went to the door and saw the babies, so I jumped the fence, and I pulled on the screen door, and I wrapped up the babies and pulled them out,” Angulo told KSNV. “I knew I had to get them out.”

According to Las Vegas Fire and Rescue officials’ Facebook post, it wasn’t that easy to gain access, as the security door was deadlocked, and he could see the little girl standing there unable to open the door. So Angulo began to beat the door down; eventually, it began to bend and the lock gave way.

“The little girl ran to him and wrapped her arms around his waist,” Las Vegas Fire and Rescue team wrote on their Facebook page. “He could see through the smoke the leg of an infant on the floor. He reached down and pulled the infant out.”

“Without the quick action of Angulo, the children would have probably suffered severe smoke inhalation with burns,” police said. “His action certainly saved the children’s life.”

The two infants were taken to hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

A fire official, Tim Szymanski, told KSNV that the children’s grandfather had been babysitting them, and as he was cooking in the kitchen, some fat had caught alight. The blaze quickly spread through the apartment, cutting him off from the children and leaving him trapped in the back. He was helped to safety through a window by onlookers.

If it wasn’t for the quick thinking of this homeless man, the result would have indeed been very different.

Fire services officials hailed Angulo as a true hero. “I just knew I had to get them out,” Angulo told KSNV.

He is indeed one brave heart! Helping our fellow man is one of the most important deeds we can do, especially if it saves lives.

Watch the video below:

Photo Credit: Facebook Video Screenshot | KSNV News 3, Las Vegas.

Recommended Video

Puppies taken from crash scene recovered